Expansion of the Embassy on Ailesbury Road.
This is a project to link a pair of protected Victorian houses, 38 &40 Ailesbury Roadto enable the expansion of Embassy.
The works will consist of:
- change of use of 38 Ailesbury Roadfrom Residential to Embassy Office,
- the integration of 38 and40 Ailesbury Road, to be used as a single unit,
- removal of sections of original & non-original walls at ground floor level, first floor level and second floor level,
- removal of verandah roof, bay windows and conservatory windows to rear elevations,
- repair of original fenestration and replacement of non-original fenestration where required,
- minor alterations to the internal layout at ground floor level,
- new single-story extension to rear elevation, including a glazed internal hallway and covered external steps and ramp,
- minor alterations to layout of front gardens, associated conservation works and landscaping works.
The proposal will allow a discrete low profile use which will ensure minimal interference with the residential amenities onAilesbury Road.
The development will be consistent with the residential conservation area zoning but will also contribute to the character of the road as part ofDublin’s embassy district.
View All Projects