Court House, Enniscorthy
Refurbishment of former Court House, Enniscorthy
The Court House at Enniscorthy was constructed circa 1820 and is located on Court Street, in the historic centre of the Enniscorthy. It is one of three almost identical court buildings in Co. Wexford, the others being built in New Ross and Gorey. It is a simple neoclassical building with a T-shaped plan. The court room to the front is a tall single volume with small side galleries, the rear comprises of a two storey building with offices, each end with its own entrance and circulation to separate the magistrate or judge and defendants. The building was a working court until 2004 when it closed for some refurbishment works. Some years after the decision was made to centralise Court Services to Wexford, so ownership of the building returned to the council and it never reopened. In the intervening years it has fallen into disrepair and is suffering from previous inappropriate repairs.
Aughey O'Flaherty Architects have been appointed to refurbish this historic building, a protected structure for Wexford Count Council.
View All Projects